COMPRESSED AIR FOAM FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEM (CAFS)
Downloads & Support Documents
The TRI-MAX 3 Mini-CAF is the smallest system of the portable TRI-MAX family of high-energy Cold Compressed Air Foam systems. This compact hand held unit is capable of producing high-energy foams in the range of 5.1 to 20.1. This means that 3 gallons of pre-mix solution expands up to 60 gallons of finished foam product at a rate of over 90 gallons per minute.
The TRI-MAX 3 Mini-CAF Fire Prevention/Fire Suppression System is portable and simple to use and is a tremendous Initial Response tool. The TRI-MAX 3 Mini-CAF is able to put a thick vapor sealing foam blanket over a flammable liquid or toxic chemical spill preventing ignition and release of toxic vapors.
Older Chemical fire extinguishers are inadequate at suppressing a fuel fire outside its effective range, which is approx 3-4 ft., and have no ability to prevent a fuel spill from igniting. The discharge distance of the TRI-MAX 3 Mini-CAF is 35-40 ft and allows for a greater stand off distance, offering an increased margin of safety for personnel attacking the fire that are not wearing protective clothing.
- Easy to use – minimal training required
- Designed for rapid deployment by first responders
- Can be quickly recharged in the field
- Durable frame does not rust or bend
- Height: 26″ Width: 9.5″
- Empty Weight: 20 lbs.
- Loaded Weight: 46 lbs.
- Tank capacity: 3 gallons
- Finished foam capacity: 60 gallons (400 square feet)
- Discharge flow rate: 90 gal/minute
- Foam discharge distance: approx. 35-45 feet in a zero-wind condition
- Air Cylinder (Scuba): One 6 cu.ft. 3000 psi
- Operating Pressure: 140 psi
- Dispensing hose: 3/8 x 20 inches hard rubber.
- Air pressure hose: 1/4 x 7 1/2 inch 3000 psi
- Recharge time: 2-4 minutes
- Variable foam expansion: 10:1 to 20:1 and up